What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Length of Wing

ColoradoSolar

Well Known Member
I am trying to get my tools lined up and my workbenches built before I go down the path of my 14 build. That leads to a couple of questions.

1. If I want to build both of the wings at the same time how many clecos will I need?
2. How long is one wing? I am going to be building modified versions of the EAA workbench but I want to make sure the whole wing will fit.

Thanks

How many clecoes?..... all of them. I had to borrow a few. I built one work bench 10? long, and that worked out fine. Once I had the skeletal structure completed, I made two jigs that held the wings vertical, nose down right next to each other. I was able to get on either side. I had help riveting (back riveting, actually) the top skins on.

Thanks for the replies. It seems like the kits from different vendors have differing amounts of clecos. One had 325 and one had 500.

No matter what you end up with for clecos, be glad you’re building an RV - we finished up the wings for our all-metal motorglider last fall and used every cleco in captivity at our airpark! Each wing was 24’ long with the spar stubs....

Back