VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 12-16-2018, 10:02 AM

Russ,

Metal Innovations picked up my RV-12 on the 5th and trucked it to their facility at Aurora. The repairs are projected to be completed around the 3rd week of January. Looks like I'll be able to store my plane in my next door neighbor's hangar until my hangar is repaired. I'm waiting until spring to do that.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv3flier View Post
Russ,

Metal Innovations picked up my RV-12 on the 5th and trucked it to their facility at Aurora. The repairs are projected to be completed around the 3rd week of January. Looks like I'll be able to store my plane in my next door neighbor's hangar until my hangar is repaired. I'm waiting until spring to do that.
Excellent!!!
We build many of your RV weldments.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:14 PM

wow what an unfortunate sequence of events. hey, if the plane is going to be out of service unexpectedly, I suppose the cruddy months like Dec & Jan would be the best time to have it happen.. best of luck.. but it sounds like you got some quality people on it now.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:48 AM

Smile

rcarsey, you're right about the timing. I just got word this morning that the flaperons have been reskinned, the left wing top skin and the work on the right wing is done except for the wing tip. The major work will be on the canopy, which should start this week.