Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 12-15-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plehrke View Post
I had my CFI during a BFR ask for my Min Equip List 10 years ago. He must have read about it or had to do something with it at his work (chief pilot for a charity flying patients to receive treatment in other cities). I made one up and put it in my POH for all the reasons mentioned above by rmartingt. Good to have it thought through before you need it while out flying. I also carry electronically in a Dropbox my entire equipment list, including hoses, with serial numbers, phone numbers, and dates manufactured and installed just In case I need that while out and about.
I have a friend that runs his 172 full rich all the time because a CFI told him to decades ago. Because CFI thinks it so doesn't make it true.
Check the regs on applying for a MEL, you're not flying a 787. Going to have a dispatch department too? We needed dispatch approval when deferring items via the MEL at the airlines.
Don't complicate your life these aircraft are not that complex.

Last edited by Tommy123 : 12-15-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
I have a friend that runs his 172 full rich all the time because a CFI told him to decades ago. Because CFI thinks it so doesn't make it true.
Check the regs on applying for a MEL, you're not flying a 787. Going to have a dispatch department too? We needed dispatch approval when deferring items via the MEL at the airlines.
Don't complicate your life these aircraft are not that complex.
My CFI asked if I had a MEL as part of discussion on what could be failed on my aircraft and I would still feel safe to fly. He did not force me to make it. I decided on my own that it would be a good idea. Since it is not part of my operating limitation I got, it is just a nice to have list, not a legal document.
If you donít want to have a MEL, good for you.
Paid dues yearly since 2007
Old 12-15-2018, 03:38 PM

I have the MEL discussion with students and sometimes during BFR's. There's a lot of bad info out there about MEL's and how they work. Especially now that newer certified airplanes have a KOEL list in the POH, even for part 91 operations.