What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Can I bum a demo ride for my Dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear RV-12 owners going to and from Oshkosh,
Can I call upon any of you to be so kind as to give my Dad a ride in an RV-12? My dad is an 82 year old retired airline pilot. He lives in Prescott WI. He is thinking of buying a ready made RV-12. Can any of you going to or from Oshkosh stop by and give my Dad a ride? Nearby airports include: Red Wing MN, RGK. Richmond WI, RNH. Downtown St. Paul MN, STP. Fleming Field, South St. Paul MN SGS and River Falls WI, 6W12. His preference would be RGK, but beggars can't be choosers. You can respond here or call/text me at 916-549-0498. Thank you in advance. Also I'm happy to top up your tanks. Just call and I will pay your fuel bill with the FBO using my credit card over the phone. Also my Dad is cool and very enjoyable to talk and meet with. Also his landings are very smooth.

Your Pop

Hi 63, I read this before I went to Oshkosh. I was just curious---what airline did your Pop retire from? I would have loved to ride him up to oshkosh, but I've got an 8 vs a 12. The rudder attachments in the back seat of an 8 are very "squishy", ie, no good for landings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back