What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

canopy

bobnoffs

Well Known Member
my canopy is attached to canopy frame and plexiglas fit is good at edges of canopy to rear window etc. i have just drilled canopy frame for canopy skirt and notice the top edge of the canopy skirt is not parallel to the attach angle edges. the bottom of the ''V'' in the middle of the skirt edge is parallel but both ebgs of the skirt are higher than the ends of the attach angles. at the rear 3/16''. i lined the bottom of the skirt to the side skin as directed.
bottom line with this mismatch is..... the angle of the top of the skirt is not the same as the angle of the frame where it is welded. the 12's i just looked at at osh were parallel, except for one that was slightly off.
i haven't drilled the canopy and as i see it my choices are to leave it [ugly] or cut new skirts and make the top edges parallel to the attach angles.
anyone have any ideas about this? skirts are not riveted yet. that would make the skirts slightly wider at the ends than at the ''V'' but i think much less noticeable.

Back