What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

West Coast Formation Clinic, WCFC 2017

AX-O

Well Known Member
All,
I?m pleased to announce this year?s West Coast Formation Clinic, WCFC 2017.

Like every year we are expecting that we will receive more applicants than we can safely support. The management team will evaluate applications and contact participants as soon as possible after the application period closes. Applications will be accepted until March 1st. Please remember that the management team does this for fun and to help the RV-community be safer when performing formation flying. This is NOT our job; please give us time to figure out this complex event. There is a lot that goes into making this a safe event.

To apply and/or for additional details, visit the WCFC 2017 website shown below.

Date: Apr 28-30 of 2017

If you have any questions, please contact me or any of the POCs shown on our web site. Hope to see you there. Thank you,

Axel and the West Coast Formation Clinic Management Team

EZ.jpg

image.jpg

Well, i am not sure how to answer that. You have a training wheel on your plane.

Last edited:
Despite a rough start to the clinic on Friday due to winds in excess of 30 kts, we had a great turn out. Saturday and Sunday were almost perfect.

The clinic was a successful event. The new red scary folks got valuable training and a few of the folks that have been working on certifications earned their wing, lead or check pilot cards. I can't really explain the feelings you get to experience during a clinic so our friend George Ford is doing that for us via this video. I hope you enjoy it. He did a great job once again.

Get out there, pound rivets, lay the fiberglass, run those wires. Because after it is all said and done, you can fly the you know what out of your plane.

https://youtu.be/qZ2VBQVPtYE

One more Red one on top

All,
I?m pleased to announce this year?s West Coast Formation Clinic, WCFC 2017.

Like every year we are expecting that we will receive more applicants than we can safely support. The management team will evaluate applications and contact participants as soon as possible after the application period closes. Applications will be accepted until March 1st. Please remember that the management team does this for fun and to help the RV-community be safer when performing formation flying. This is NOT our job; please give us time to figure out this complex event. There is a lot that goes into making this a safe event.

To apply and/or for additional details, visit the WCFC 2017 website shown below.

Date: Apr 28-30 of 2017

If you have any questions, please contact me or any of the POCs shown on our web site. Hope to see you there. Thank you,

Axel and the West Coast Formation Clinic Management Team

EZ.jpg

image.jpg

Axel,
If you had 1 more red one on top it would be a good hand in a vertical form of Texas Hold em.
Dues paid + 2017
Daddyman

Think you know how to fly precisely? Try flying formation. I'm one of the 'new red scary guys' that tried formation flying for the first time at this year's Madera event. For me it was an amazing and just a bit humbling experience. Everyone was supportive and welcoming and just generally nice. Can't wait for next year.

And George, awesome video!

Awesome stuff Axel, wish I coulda made it your former fastback 8! Red. Great videos guys.

Looks like a great clinic, I enjoyed watching the video. I have been flying with the local Red Star Pilots here in the Bay Area and I attended their event in Porterville on the same weekend that the Madera clinic was taking place. I was the only RV there, but they were very welcoming and it was a fun event.

I would enjoy meeting up with other Bay Area RV pilots to practice. I am based at KCCR, but could meet anywhere around the area.

Ed

Cool Video

That's a great video. I love seeing pilots enjoying using their planes to expand their horizons! Formation flying was an ends to a means in the Navy but I find it to be much more satisfying as a friend and team building experience as a GA pilot. For those that haven't experienced formation flying, I hope you'll give it a try. The VAF community provides excellent access to professional level training and that is all important when learning this skill.

Now, it's time for me to get busy on that smoke system!

Back