What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need hangar in Mooresville/Charlotte/Statesville/Lake Norman area

Omega232Devils

Well Known Member
Hello North Carolina RVers!

My wife and I are moving back home to North Carolina after a successful career in the USMC. We need a place to park the RV until our hangar can be built at Long Island Airpark (NC26). Approximately 1 year. We have a trip planned to look for a place to live, job interviews, and a hangar June 21st-25th and plan to make the permanent move around August 1st.

We are interested in anything in the Mooresville, Charlotte, Statesville, Lake Norman area, etc or additional recommendations.

Additional area gouge is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dan

Ask your soon-to-be-neighbors Ron & Margy Natalie for help. They were nice enough to allow me to park on their lawn when I went to a funeral at the Baptist Church up the road a couple years ago.

I am sure you can figure out how to contact them by searching Google. Oh wait, you said USMC, PM me if you need help, shipmate. :D

Thanks

Hi Mike,
Yeah we know Ron and Margy. They introduced us to our realtor who helped us buy our land there at LIAP.

V-LAD,
It's great to be back. I expect many Russian invasions in my future. I have to submit my membership reinstatement paperwork for the Flash Mob. Hope they let me back in!

8A7 Twin Lakes?

There are several empty hangars at Twin Lakes (8A7)available. We have 8 RV's based here, and I live on the airport. I believe you and I talked and you met your new neighbors Chris and Jeannie ( Long Island). Let me know, and I can put you in touch with the airport owner about hangars. It would be a little further drive than the other airports mentioned, but not horrible.

dan, welcome back to the flash mob. :) any gray hairs yet? :D
0AE2BBBD-F1B1-4A8F-AB3D-1D39C7BC6129_3.jpg

Talk to Ross G. at Long Island. He is two doors down from Ron & Margy and may have room.

Your new neighbors are very accommodating.

Good luck, I have looked high and low and hangar space in this area is hard to come by. Hopefully somebody who lives on the field at Long Island or Lake Norman can help you. I am local so if you need anything not hangar related let me know.

Fingers crossed

Bill E.,
Thanks for the Twin Lakes info. That is a bit far, but if nothing else comes available I'll get in touch with you. I haven't personally met Chris and Jeannie yet, we've been trading texts since you introduced us. We are going to have dinner next month when we are in town.

Turbo,
I'm glad to be back. Can't wait for you to stop by on your transit North for the summer or south for the winter. Hopefully have the boat in the water by next summer.

Bill R.,
I haven't met Ross yet. Do you have his contact info by chance? Maybe I can run into him next month when we are in town.

Wade,
I hope to have better luck. I'll pass on anything I find so when you're ready to move to a hangar you'll have one.

Keep the recommendations and info coming. We are still searching.

Last edited:
You might check with the owner of the turn table hangar at Lake Norman airpark. The RV takes up very little turn table space between two high wings and he may be able to fit you in. Good group of very helpful people in the hangar. I am out of state at the moment but will be back Monday and can get the number if you can't find it.
George

Back