What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airflow Performance Setup - Help Needed

bsmith51

I'm New Here
Looking for anyone knowledgeable of the AFP system who I could pay to help set up this new installation. It requires 2 people. Trouble is, the plane (a Long-EZ with O-320) is at The Dalles. I've tried the local mechanics w/o success. Thanks.
Bruce

I have an AFP FM150 and am curious what you mean by ?setup?. I did the installation and idle and mixture adjustment myself. Admittedly a little tedious to run, shutdown, adjust then repeat until right.

AFP System Adjustments

Unfortunately, with no parking brake, no good way to tie the aircraft down and an engine that won't consistently idle, I can't safely step out of my Long-EZ to make adjustments. It takes 2 people.

engine off

Unfortunately, with no parking brake, no good way to tie the aircraft down and an engine that won't consistently idle, I can't safely step out of my Long-EZ to make adjustments. It takes 2 people.
I think I can see why you are struggling to get help. You should make these adjustments with the engine off, particularly with a pusher.

Absolutely, engine off when adjusting on a pusher. If you don?t know what adjustments to make, we can help with that.

Just call Don Rivera at AFP. The best answer you'll get will come straight from Don...and if he and Colleen ever decide to host another fuel injection class, I'll go again...I wish Don was allowed on VAF...

Back