What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Synergy Air

KatanaPilot

Well Known Member
I am looking for reviews/feedback on Synergy Air's RV construction classes - any or all (Fundamentals, Empennage and/or Quick Build). If you would prefer to PM or email me versus posting on this forum, please feel free.

Thanks in advance,

Krea Ellis
RV-10 under construction

Krea,

I did their 2-day empennage course about 9 years ago before starting my RV9. Good course, learned a lot, and got over any trepidation I had about doing metal construction. If you have no background in metal airplane construction, this would be a good starting point.

Greg

Synergy Air metalworking course

Thanks Greg.

I have only taken the EAA RV course which was OK, but the class was so large I didn't get enough one-on-one that I felt I needed. The idea of actually building the empennage during the class is appealing plus having experienced sheet metal folks help and critique my work would be very valuable.

Krea Ellis

I've been waiting to hear from them about their "Quickbuilding the Quickbuild" course. Sent numerous emails; no response yet. I think they're probably tied up with RV-12 production.

Same experience as Greg. My wife and I went to the fundamentals course and the empennage course back in 2006 when starting our RV-10. No prior experience and we left fairly confident that we could do this. Great people.

One-day was great...

I did their one day introduction class several years ago before starting my build. It was very helpful. I'd do it again for sure.

Michael-

Thank you

For the reviews. I am hoping to take one or more of the classes at the end of April.

Krea Ellis

Went online and saw that the Quickbuild class is scheduled for April 25-30. Called this morning; left a voicemail and sent another email. Wally called me right back, and had me call Neda to reserve the last available slot. PHEW! Glad I made it... especially since I've been trying for almost a year to get in!

Last edited:
Back