What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EarthX batter warning flashing

Bavafa

Well Known Member
During my last flight, proximately one hour into the flight, my EarthX warning light started flashing for about 1-2 minutes and then stopped flashing. While this event was happening all my volts/Amps were normal, putting out 14.2 volts and the draw was the normal 19-20 Amp. The EarthX cheat sheet indicates that it is not of a concern and it means the cells were imbalanced and were being charged. Just wondering if others have seen this and if so, how often do you see it happening? Any warning light going off makes me nervous.

Just to report back that I talked to their engineer and he assured me that short duration blinking with the volts in the normal range is OK and indication of balancing the cells. He did mention that they have change the programing of the management system this year so not to be as sensitive.

I will keep an eye on it.

I have also seen the blinking light on occasion. When I talked to Earth X they told be it indicated that the battery was under-charged. They also said that the blinking light should not worry me from a safety standpoint. In my situation there did not really seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when it would happen. Mine has not blinked for a number of months now, but I really never did anything to "fix" it. I love the battery by the way! Turns the starter more aggressively than the Odyssey that it replaced.

Back