What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Flight Stream 210??

Noah

Well Known Member
Has anybody bought one of these and have a PIREP?

From what I've read, these seem like a Stratus-2 or GDL-39 3D (ADS-B receiver, so traffic and weather, as well as a backup AHRS) with the added benefit of being able to "seamlessly" transfer flight plans back and forth via bluetooth between Garmin IFR navigators like the GNS-430W. Which seems like a NICE feature, if you've ever had to manually enter flight plans into the 430W, especially on-the-fly, you KNOW what I mean! Given the price difference between the GDL or Stratus and the Flightstream (~$100-$150), the bluetooth interconnection seems like a very nice addition.

Of course, this will only work with Garmin Pilot, not with Foreflight Mobile which seems to be the predominant tablet app. Searched the forums, and no mention of Flight Stream, which was announced back in July. I would have expected these to be more popular.

So has anybody bought one of these? Or am I missing something?

They're not out yet, but should be available soon. Keep in mind, for a Flightstream 210 to transfer ADSB traffic and/or weather to an iPad, you'll need to have a GDL88 as well. If you have a GDL69/69A, you'll be able to transfer XM weather to the iPad as well.

GDL-39

Does anyone know if Garmin Pilot app can talk to Flight Stream 210 and GDL-39 at the same time so one can get ADS-B in weather and traffic from GDL-39 while using Flight Stream 210 for AI and to upload flight plan to 430W?

I have a FS 210 in my RV-6 with a GDL 88. Works as advertised! Weather, traffic, and synthetic vision on the IPAD via Bluetooth. This functionality is provided through Garmin Pilot Ap only (which I like I lot!). It will also allow you to do your flight plan in your living room on the IPAD and transfer it to your compatible Garmin GPS navigator (GNS/GTN only I think) with the push of a button. It also works from GNS/GTN to the IPAD in you want. For your GTN to work with the FS210 you have to have the software updated to 5.13 or later.

It is a pretty cool setup. Hope this helps!

Back