What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Accessory Locations

mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Not wishing to re invent the wheel. I thought I would ask the group for inspiration.

About to mount the next push forward.

Panel is about to be cut, Skyview 10" in front, Skyview 7" in rear.

Need help with the following for best locations please.

1. EMS box and route of sensor wires to firewall forward.

2. Remote transponder box.

3. Mounting a 7" Skyview for the rear talking freight.

4. Skyview battery box.

Thanks folks.

Mike

p.s. Steve at aircraft specialty did a really good job on the panel layout and supplied file so I can get it cut over here in Blighty.

Here's what I did with mine:

EMS module

Back up battery, you can just see the EMS unit top right

FF wiring is routed just below the scat for back seat heat...

FF view

My transponder is mounted on the rear battery box, I've gone to a front mounted battery enabled by a lighter prop...

Hi Mike...

I saw a 10" Skyview installation yesterday. The main Skyview panel comes out very easily, and then offers such good access through / behind the panel, I would suggest an access through the front baggage bay might be unnecessary?

The EMS module was installed on the aft side of the bulkhead that forms the aft face of the baggasge bay. Run 2-3 conduits just behind the inboard edge of the baggage bay door to the firewall (he's done same as me here - we have 3 conduits there and no other wiring runs needed to FF, and that includes bringing the MAP pipe to that bulkhead).

We have TT21/TY91 and mounted them under the floor just aft of the rear seat footwells - I made some supports hanging from the reinforcement angles that the Trig trays screw into. With the rear footwells removed the VHF / Transponder boxes take <30s to disconnect and remove. They do say to minimise the antenna lead lengths, ours are <6" each ;)

Mike,
I have some photos on my build site of where I placed mine don't know if its the best places but it's where I chose to put them. Still not flying about 90 percent done.

Back