What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mounting Dynon 200 ADAHRS

barryrv10

Well Known Member
I am planning to mount a Dynon 200 ADAHRS between the SV-425 Com and two headset jacks; what is the minimum distance from each so they will not effect the magnetometer in the ADAHRS. Thanks Barry

I am planning to mount a Dynon 200 ADAHRS between the SV-425 Com and two headset jacks; what is the minimum distance from each so they will not effect the magnetometer in the ADAHRS. Thanks Barry

Do some search on here for this data, and read the ADAHRS installation instructions carefully - you'll be much better off to mount it as far away as you can from any wire that will carry current. Back in the tail cone seems to be a preferred location.

ADHRS

I just did a similar install. Easy install at panel but a real pain to install back inside fuselage and run wiring, static, pitot and AOA lines. Bought the remote magnetometer and installed it in tail (could do that sitting in a chair!), sent a skinny friend in tube to secure wire and that was it.

I recall the Dynon installation manual specifying a 2-foot bubble. You might open the installation manual on Dynon?s website and check.

PM me with your email address and I?ll send photos on where/how I mounted the two ADAHRS modules in my RV-10.

Recommend you not mount them as you discribe.

Carl

Here's how I did it in my 9A - if you're already built and flying, it's going to be a pain to get back there, but if you've got easy access without the rear top skin on it will be easy. Make sure you can access the connections and fasteners via the tail fairing opening for maintenance later.

odi.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks

Thank you all for the ideas and pictures. 74-07 did you find that the panel installation caused problems for the MAG in the ADAHRS? The manual says a certain amount of interference can be compensated for if it is steady state; I was hoping to find someone who mounted it similar to the way I suggested. In my RV10 I have them mounted in the tailcone, but this is a 15yr old GlasAir and running everything to the tail would be a PITA. Thanks again

It will work behind the panel if you also install the Dynon remote Magnetometer.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems / Dynon Avionics.

I didn?t even try it without the remote. It was pretty obvious with all of the wiring running behind the panel that it probably wasn?t goingto work without the remote. The remote isn?t all that expensive.

Back