What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh lodging---maybe???

donaziza

Well Known Member
Got a question for you guys going to Oshkosh. I'd love to fly up for a couple of days, but I'm strictly VFR. In other words, it would all depend on the weather as to whether I could make it up or not. Say 2 days and 2 nights, sometime in the week that Oshkosh lasts. Anybody got something where one could maybe stay or not stay, depending on the weather between Atlanta and Oshkosh? Weather being what it is, I wouldn't be able to commit much more than 24 to 30 hours in advance.

Long shot, I know, but hey, if I don't ask----------------:rolleyes:

I've had good luck making late arrangements to stay in the dorms. More than once I've made it to Oshkosh for a couple of days during years I hadn't really planned to. Hopefully this year will be the same.

Yeah, but aren't these dorms all filled up also? Like the hotels? I know nothing about them. Do you bring an air mattress and blanket? Where do call to find out at the last minute?

Lodging?

You could always camp! :) in Homebuilt camping. No reservations required...
Just show up (or not). It’s more fun to be on the field anyway, and not have to ride the bus back and forth to the dorms.

Back