What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FuseQB/Finishing Kit

Hutch,

The finish kit contains the doors and windows (unless you order the Cee Bailey transparencies). Fitting the cabin cover and doors can occur fairly quickly after getting the QB fuselage.

I would suggest you contact Allen for more information assuming you are planning to continue to work with Synergy Air South.

We just did my doors side by side along with another builder's RV-10. It took two full weeks to do that, along with installing the Plane Around latch system.

Lead times on finish kits (and just about all kits/engines/panels) are a bit longer than you would expect.

Last edited:
Krea yes I am booked ar Synergy starting Monday. Allen thinks we only get about two weeks without finishing kit - was hoping for some other experiences where more can be accomplished without. I just didn?t realize it was needed this soon and have not ordered it.

I?m leaning Cee Bailey?s windows. I?ve had CB windscreens on my motorcycles and they make quality stuff. What did you do?

I went with gray tinted Cee Bailey. Deleted all the Van's transparencies.

If you are planning to use the Aerosun VX landing lights in the wing tips - don't buy the Cee Bailey lenses - they don't fit. The RV-10 and 14 tips get heavily modified for the Aerosun VX lights.

You will need the finish kit sooner than you think. If you want a list of items I deleted, let me know.

Back