What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Fuel Valve extension ??

bomber_JB

Planning on installing an Andair FUEL VALVE FS20X7T valve. Called Van's and was advised that if I install on tunnel cover that would require a reroute of the scat tube. I can visualize that. I prefer installing on the bracket provided lower in the tunnel (with no scat tube reroute). That requires an extension, i.e., fuel valve being about 3-4 inches below the selector. Aircraft Spruce has fuel valve extension kits and extension tubes for the FS20 valves. Which do I need? Kit or tube? How long? I can measure the distance when the valve is in and tunnel cover is on but maybe someone has that dimension.

Thanks,

Jerry

Valve

You will need the extension kit which comes with a new plate and couplers. A 6" extension is all you need. Just cut it to your specific length. I installed mine in the factory location and it worked out well.

I installed the Andair fuel selector to the bottom of the tunnel cover (no extension). I used a 2? to 1.5? reducer at both ends of the now 1.5? SCAT hose for rear heat. All fits and works well over the last 500+ hours.

Still way more than enough heat and the smaller SCAT hose makes tunnel stuff a lot easier.

Carl

I had no issues with the stock scat one side of the valve. It could be because I made a new valve bracket to accommodate my Aerosport center console. I have sine done what Carl did and did a reducer but I went down to 1?. This was more due to have two AC lines and my audio wiring crossing over my spar.

I installed the Andair fuel selector to the bottom of the tunnel cover (no extension). I used a 2? to 1.5? reducer at both ends of the now 1.5? SCAT hose for rear heat. All fits and works well over the last 500+ hours.

Still way more than enough heat and the smaller SCAT hose makes tunnel stuff a lot easier.

Carl

I also installed the andair without an extension. I routed my fuel lines in such a way as to leave 3" between the fuel lines and tunnel wall. I made another holder to keep the scat against the wall as it passes by the fuel line.

Larry

Back