What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-4 Owner

Pttim

I'm New Here
I'm about to be the new owner of an RV-4 picking it up this weekend. Previously I was flying a Sonerai 2L (Poor mans RV-4) that I built myself.

When purchasing an RV-4 is it necessary to notify Van's? or is that just if you purchase a non finished kit and plans?

Thanks! Looking forward to this weekend

Tim

Not necessary but not a bad idea.

Congratulations for getting the best flying two place RV model.

RV-4

Yes you should make sure it?s registered with Van?s if you ever want to buy any RV specific parts that only Van?s sells. I don?t think you can buy RV parts until Van?s has your plane in their database or they won?t support it.

Welcome to VAF

Tim, welcome aboard the good ship VAF.

I suggest you register with Vans, that way if anything related to the aircraft comes up in the future, they are able to contact you.

Good Luck, and enjoy:D

Hi Tim!

I'm the guy that bought smokyray's S-IIL. Welcome to VAF!

Last edited:
Welcome

I'm about to be the new owner of an RV-4 picking it up this weekend. Previously I was flying a Sonerai 2L (Poor mans RV-4) that I built myself.

When purchasing an RV-4 is it necessary to notify Van's? or is that just if you purchase a non finished kit and plans?

Thanks! Looking forward to this weekend

Tim

Tim,
It may be years (longer?) before that grin wears off.
Flying it is a blast.

Welcome aboard.

I suggest you get RV-4 specific training. There are some great folks out there.
PM me for a suggestion in TX.

From the very 1st flight, I knew I was holding a tiger by the tail.
After the training, I have become a MUCH better pilot, and flying my -4 is now like "putting on a pair of old jeans".

Happy Landings,
Daddyman

Back