What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

canadian builders?

Trevor778

Well Known Member
Im actually looking to say hi to a Canadian builder of a 14 in the Toronto area. You flew in on Air Canada today and were telling my fiance (ac flight attendant) all about the "cadillac" of the RV series. She was so pumped up about the 14, she thinks I should sell the 7 project and start a 14. Then I told her about how much a 0-390 costs compared to the 0-360 I just picked up and she changed her tune.

Either way, she really enjoyed talking to you about the airplanes and first thing she told me was after our wedding in less than 2 months the first thing we do is buy the finish kit for the 7 and get it flying before any 14 fly's in Canada. Guess I should say thanks for the motivation :)

Hi Trevor,

I was the fellow who had the chat with your fiancé. She was pretty excited about your build and looking forward to flying it! She was very knowledgable about the process and was asking me about what I was building and the "14". I don't know if I used the term "Cadillac of the RV's" in describing the 14. One could get mugged walking the back alleys of RV's at Oshkosh for making comments like that. I must admit I went back'n'forth between 7 & 14 until the day before I sent in my kit order! I still love the lines of the 7.

With regards to the high cost of the engine of the RV14. The Taildragger prototype is currently being built with a overhauled IO-360 from Aerosport. It will be interesting to see the performance numbers/cost compared to the IO-390.

I work for the same outfit as your Fiancé and I'm in YVR on a regular basis. I'd love to see your project and chat about RV's.

Cheers Jim

Last edited:
Back