What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stall Warn Assembly

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I'm posting this in the interest of the pursuit of excellence! Or perfection... or ?

The question I have is that the stall warn lever when fully installed can wiggle from side to side a good bit. Not the body of the assembly, just the lever. Will that cause any problems? Is it just like everyone else?

Full details:

When I put my stall warn assembly together I carefully used all the correct washers. There are three screws. One is for the lever that sticks out the wing (A). One is to hold the assembly together and is close to (A), I'll call it (B). The third is on the other end of the assembly to hold it together, (C).

I tightened C to a stop no problem. When I tighten B all the way the lever isn't free to rotate no matter what I do to A. I backed it off a bit, still have 2 threads in the lock nut and while it spins I'm pretty sure it isn't going anywhere and the assembly is still secure and solid - B just has a little play.

I then tightened C to just before the lever would bind. I thought I was good.

It is the devil to get that thing into place with the cap screws. They are in though, and the lever is perpendicular to the wing surface and the switch activates with very short travel.

I think it is okay but I figured before I mount that assembly on the spar and make a hard job into a total pain I'd get a vote.....

Back