What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Orleans Area

JaredAllen

I'm New Here
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and I am interested in building my own RV-10, it's been a dream of mine for a long time! Is anyone interested in flying to KASD to give me a tour of their RV-10 so I can see firsthand what they're all about? I can even provide transportation for lunch. Another option would be for me to drive to you, depending on distance. I would like to see a build in progress also. Thanks!

Jered, You need to go right up the road to Bogalusa, LA and see Farley Grantham the FBO at KBXA. He and his son David have a fine one that a buddy of mine built. Farley just got it painted a while back and it is a beauty.
Ask around at Slidell, everyone knows Farley and David.
Allen Blackwell
Tylertown, MS
Very Slow Build 7A

Thanks for the welcome Mike!

Allen, I will definitely look up Farley and David and take the drive up to Bogalusa, I have a friend up there I need to visit anyway. Thanks for the info!

Awesome Short! When I get in from offshore I'll hit you up so I can come check it out, should be in the next week or so. Thanks!

I guess you would see plenty of tuna then, I used to work in the charter fleet out of Venice and currently own a commercial tuna boat named Whiskey Girl that operates out of Venice. We are always trying to find contacts on rigs because the boat only makes 8knts. Starting in the wrong direction can waste an awful lot of time.

Hey ShortSnorter, I'll be passing through tomorrow to go look at that -10 in Bogalusa, will you be available so I can stop by and have a look?

I went a looked at Farleys plane, it's a VERY NICE PLANE! The interior is falling apart on it but the exterior is perfect! Man I can't wait to get started on mine!

Yeah I tried sending you an email first, then I replied to the post. I'll try to pm this time and see if that works. I'm back offshore now for a month, I'll hit you up when I come back in. Thanks

Back