What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Antisplat prop wrench

sf3543

Well Known Member
I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.
I have had the 3/4? prop wrench and it works great.
Recently I got their 5/8? prop wrench for my MT prop and all was well with the ratcheting end till it came time to torque the bolts and I found that the other end was too small to fit the bolts. I had to file open the wrench quite a bit to make it fit.
I have found their stuff to be really nice, but was disappointed in this one, especially considering the price.

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.
I have had the 3/4? prop wrench and it works great.
Recently I got their 5/8? prop wrench for my MT prop and all was well with the ratcheting end till it came time to torque the bolts and I found that the other end was too small to fit the bolts. I had to file open the wrench quite a bit to make it fit.
I have found their stuff to be really nice, but was disappointed in this one, especially considering the price.

-----We are very sorry to hear that you had an issue with your "Ultimate Prop Wrench." We have no explanation for this as each tool is machined on that end last, and then checked on a precision go-no-go gauge. The only thing that I can think of that would possibly explain what you were seeing, would be if the bolts or nuts were slightly deformed from a prior tightening with some other tool. I wish you had called us before any modification so we could see what was going on. We take considerable pride in our products, and don't like having a discrentaled customer out there. What would it take to restore your confidence, and make this right? If you email me with your information, I will have another tool in the mail for you that day. Thanks, Allan:D

Yes. I have 5 of Alan?s inventions because of a great product and equal customer service!! Thanks Allan.

Fist of all, thanks to Allan for responding so quickly.
I am still a fan of all their stuff and have used other of their products, all of which have been top notch.
Who knows what happened here. The prop was brand new and had never seen a wrench but .... I was in the prop installation mode and wanted to get it done, so out came the file.
Anyway, I am still a fan of antisplat.
As has been said....Great Customer Service!!!

Back