What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing thread?

I watched most of the RV cartoon (and the warning about explicit lyrics in the soundtrack), but didn't remove it because I couldn't understand the words. Maybe one of the other moderators coud....

The posting rules
(specifically..."Language that would be inappropriate in the polite company of strangers is quite unwelcome here."

Last edited:
I don't really see that as a posting rules violation. It was on another site and did come with a warning.

To change the subject a little. If everybody doesn't already know. That little RV exists in real life. It lives at 52F. The sim version can be flown by every VAF member for free. All you have to do is download some software. In my opinion, the Aces High flight model beats the pants off of MS Flight Simulator.

:)

now im interested in the video and the software. Can someone pm me the links so as not to offened the rest of the delicate eyes and ears on the forum.

The software can be found at www.flyaceshigh.com Aces High is a WWII air combat online game. The RV8 is not really part of it. As the story goes, it's been a company development tool. Last year, just for fun, The RV was released to select few to fly in the online arena for one brief evening. For that short time every RV8 owners dream true. It had 30mm vulcan canons in the wings. WOOT! Totally unrealistic but fun while it lasted. Since then the RV has been available for use, in a realistic fashion, in the offline mode and the online Training Arena.

After any difficult day of building my own RV8, I like to take the virtual RV for a spin and think "some day soon I can do this for real."

I went to the site and I'm downloading the game but I can't find the RV-8 add on. Or is it part of the original game?

I saw the video b4 it was removed. Neat, but the only thing that was realistic was the bounced landing. Looked like one of mine...............that I used to do. ;)

kevinsky18 said:
I went to the site and I'm downloading the game but I can't find the RV-8 add on. Or is it part of the original game?

To see the RV8 you need to do the following.

1. Start the program.
2. Click on "Offline training"
3. Click "Hangar"
4. Press the " / " key
5. Type the following .showrv (don't forget the period)
6. Click "Tower"
7. Click "hangar"

The RV8 will now be in the plane list.

Back