What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Phoenix area RV Friendlies?

GLPalinkas

Well Known Member
Flew my -6 from Florida to Albuquerque a few weeks ago and I plan on visiting a friend in the Phoenix area next week. Probably staying a few days. I'm hoping to avoid huge overnight tie down fees, etc.

My friend lives in Litchfield Park.

Any RV friendly FBO's on the outskirts of the city? I'm looking to avoid what looks to be VERY busy airspace. I've searched VAF and found Deer Valley DVT but most posts are outdated.

Last edited:
Goodyear near Avondale

Was into GYR last Feb from Calgary really well run, and if I recall $15/day tiedown, but waived if you purchased fuel above some quantity I don't recall.

I had them arrange a total wash, polish and wax that was well done though that cost a few beans, though the alternative in the frozen north is worse.

Flew my -6 from Florida to Albuquerque a few weeks ago and I plan on visiting a friend in the Phoenix area next week. Probably staying a few days. I'm hoping to avoid huge overnight tie down fees, etc.

My friend lives in Litchfield Park.

Any RV friendly FBO's on the outskirts of the city? I'm looking to avoid what looks to be VERY busy airspace. I've searched VAF and found Deer Valley DVT but most posts are outdated.

Glendale Airport. https://www.airnav.com/airport/KGEU Several RVers here. I too live in Litchfield Park. My 7 build is 2 miles west of Glendale Airport. Had the Pazmany based there until we sold it. DVT is a 30 minute drive from Litchfield Park. GYR is closer but Glendale is closest. Current overnight parking is $3.75 (proposed $5 starting 2016 if adopted). There is a restaurant and pilot shop in the terminal. Transient parking is in front of terminal/restaurant. Easy in-out.

Last edited:
Sounds like Glendale airport is the go to. Closer to his house and my best option. Thanks guy. Maybe a short trip report upon my return to ABQ.

PHx

I'm going to Scottsdale in January for 6 nights, need to rent a car, is Deer Valley the best option? I don't like tie down fees, I don't mind buying fuel, but at a municipal airport we've already paid for it.

I'm going to Scottsdale in January for 6 nights, need to rent a car, is Deer Valley the best option? I don't like tie down fees, I don't mind buying fuel, but at a municipal airport we've already paid for it.

KDVT is a good stop but during that time the north side will be having a lot of work done to the ramp. We will be doubling up on hangers so accommodations will be limited. The self serv on the north side has a good price and I believe the parking in front of the restaurant on the south side is free. Enterprise rental car is close by off field. If you rent from a FBO here it will cost more due to the infamous city airport sur charge but of course more convenient.

If ether of you want PM me for for more info. And yes, coming from the east KDVT is the best option IMHO for KSDL. Larry

Our first trip to Scottsdale (in a C-177) some years ago was to SDL. First class - even rolled out a red carpet. But you pay for that. We soon found FFZ, and that ended up as our "go to" for many, many trips. A bit of a drive into Scottsdale, but easy. Might be worth looking into.

PHX area

I missed this until today, but CHD, IWA would be a good stop on the SE side. GYR GEU out West.
Im down in Tucson so if you're that way, shout out.

Cathy

Back