What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston RV builds?

mechdawg

Hello again all,

Well I had my tour of the factory and after years of debating and research it looks like I will be starting my own RV-9 build soon. Currently working on getting my garage sqaured away. With my current work travel schedule things will be slow and sporatic but I am excited.

If there is anyone currently building in the Houston area I would like to volunteer to help and or visit. Am going to try and join the local EAA chapter out at Conroe but again I travel so much being around for regular meetings may be difficult.

Thanks all for a great community.

Tim

I'm your Huckleberry

Tim,

I'm just outside of Houston, Katy/Fulshear area, building a 6. Where in Houston are you?

Chris

Tim,

I'm in Katy (Firethorne) building a RV-7 in my very chaotic garage.

You're welcomed to take a look and in the near future I will fit the wings.

Send a PM for details.

Last edited:
I'm up in The Woodlands building a 9A. First power up was this last summer and I'm currently trying to finish up the wings.

Jay

I?m in the Woodlands building a -10. Have transitioned to the fiberglass stage of the build. You are welcome to come anytime to see it

Thank you all for the replies. I live near Cleveland (6R3) but I work down in Sugarland when not traveling. I am actually leaving tomorrow for another trip but will be home before next weekend.

Tim

Conroe

If you are up in Cleveland, there are a lot of good builders and flying "RV's" up at Executive. There are a lot of Formation flyers up there as well.
Yours, R.E.A. III # 80888

Tim,

I'm building an RV-10 in my Richmond shop, about 20 min. south of Sugar Land. If you'd like to visit my shop to talk tools and building, please let me know. Or we could get together for lunch in Sugar Land if that works better for you.

Cheers,

Last edited:
I?m south of Houston in Bay City. I haven?t started my project yet but looking forward to meeting other builders in the area.

I'm out in Brookshire at Sport Flyers, working on the slowest -8 build in the history of RVs (ok, it's probably not that bad, but...)

I keep meaning to check out the EAA chapter in Conroe but I haven't done it yet. I hear it's a lot more active than the chapter that meets at West Houston. Pretty sure they have at least a few RV drivers up there.

Also, keep an eye out in the South Texas forums here, as well as the VAF and Houston Aviators FB pages, where I post the monthly RV lunch get-togethers. Next month we'll probably be up at Hooks, unless Bjorn is ready to hang his wings by then.

Back