What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Stand Plans

CDBridgesRV7A

Good Day Folks,

Does anyone have a good set of build plans for a wing stand? I'm just looking for something basic that I can build. Mobility would be an asset but not a hard requirement. I've searched the builder's websites but nothing really jumps out. Some of them look really great, and in line with what I want to do, but there are no detailed plans available.

I read that Van's had some plans but I can't find any on their website. I suspect that was from back in the day when jigs were required to build these airplanes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Sport Aviation 12/87

has a Tony Bingelis article "How to Make a Wing Stand." I believe it can be found under the members only section of www.oshkosh365.org although I can't seem to log into the site at the moment to verify. It has drawings to illustrate the article.

verified...

log into www.oshkosh365.org. Go to the Homebuilders HQ page. At the top right the second option is Articles by Author. Select this, then Tony Bingelis-Articles. How to Make a Wing Stand is about half way down his list.

No jig required

I saw something someone did online and took the idea and just made my own. Since a "jig" isn't required it is really just a stand to hold the wing in place while you work on it. It's on castering wheels so I can move it around and out of the "factory" quite easily.

6how%20to%20make%20a%20wing%20stand1.jpg

You really dont need a jig with the match hole wings but it helps to work on them. If you are referring to something for construction of the wings check out the wings section of my build log. No dimensions but plenty of pictures. After most of the construction I then transferred to a cradle like others have posted, for wing tip fitting, aileron and flap rigging, and just rolling around the garage. My jig was pretty mobile too, just no wheels. Both now reside somewhere in SoCal:).

http://www.mykitlog.com/users/displ...&project=2102&category=7714&log=151639&row=51

Back