What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Panel/Xpanel software

Driving '67

Well Known Member
Friend
Hi,

I've started planning/daydreaming about my panel and downloaded the trial version of Xpanel http://www.xpanelsoftware.com to try out various setups. Unfortunately the software doesn't include the RV14 template. Does anyone know how to import and setup the DXF file that Van's supplies for the panel.

Thanks Jim

Happy Holidays!!

Based on an email from the developer, Xpanel will be adding an RV-14 template very soon - like days.

Hi Keith,

I received this email this morning from the Xpanel ...... Talk about being surprised! Product support on Xmas day no less. I got a follow up email tonight saying the same thing .. The RV14 panel template will be up & running in a few days.

Been playing with program using the "7" template. Great platform to try different ideas.

Cheers Jim

Hi Jim,

Merry Christmas!

I didn't realize Van's had published the panel outline CAD. I'll convert it
to XPanel format in the next day or two and distribute it as an update.

Scott Wilkinson
XPanel Software

Nice software, great support

I bought Xpanel a few years ago to plan the panel for my RV-7.
Each time I had a question or needed support Scott has always responded very quickly and gave very good support for his software.
I really recommend Xpanel if you want to play building panel layouts for your Vans.
I'm now wiring my panel and used I used Xpanel to lay out all my instruments, added instruments that were not included in the database, exported the panel in a drawing software to add labels and it really worked great...

Image from Xpanel:

Image after editing in a free drawing software (paint.net):

Alain.

Hi All,

I just received an email from Scott (owner Xpanel software) and he has added the RV14 template to his program.

Cheers Jim

From Scott

I've uploaded a template update to make it easier for users to add the RV14 template to their systems. All users have to do is apply the latest updates to their copy of XPanel and the panel will be added to their systems.

To Apply Updates:

Run XPanel
Choose Help>Check For Updates from the menu
Restart XPanel

Users who don't yet have XPanel should download and install the latest version from the xpanelsoftware.com website and then apply the latest updates.

Have a great weekend!

Scott Wilkinson
XPanel Software

Just purchased XPanel Pro. and am wandering if I go to a laser cutting shop , does he need to purchase the same in order to cut my panel?

RV14 Panel IPad Pro

Anyone considered building in the Ipad Pro into the panel in the center in portrait orientation? Could use Garmin Connect and then run a 430w or 650 for IFR navigator with foreflight driving the whole plane and great screen space + a backup AHARS.

Any thoughts? Will it fit?

Anyone considered building in the Ipad Pro into the panel in the center in portrait orientation? Could use Garmin Connect and then run a 430w or 650 for IFR navigator with foreflight driving the whole plane and great screen space + a backup AHARS.

Any thoughts? Will it fit?

How wide is the IPAD? Where are you going to put your radios or the 650? Anything is possible, some builders have torn out the support brackets and repositioned them. The radios I have in the center are 6 ?" wide, if that helps.

Back