What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

More RV spotted in Russia

Vlad

Well Known Member
Two more RV-10 are in advanced finishing stages at Cetus facility nr Moscow, Russia. No more information available at the moment only satellite images :)

Cetuses1000.jpg

Foreign service analytical department is working hard to determine if this machine goes to Ukraine to would-be location by a Black Sea resort. Will keep you posted as soon as information is declassified.

cetusforUkraine.jpg

information

Vlad I hope you distroyed the chip and decoder, once you downloaded this information....protect yourself at all costs..

your
comrad down south

how impossible are general aviation flights through/around Russia as a foreigner?

Mazda it's possible but not without a hassle. Couple weeks ago I had a visitor, a Russian RV owner from Samara.

He filled me in brought a nice gift a navigator slipstick and we went for a ride in my RV. Now I can't get lost. :D

He sent me this picture couple days ago. In Russia the PIC sits on the right seat I still couldn't figure out since when and why :)

Why is the tail number not in Cyrillic?

ICAO Annex 7, Aircraft Nationality and Registration Marks, says the following about aircraft registration marks: "The letters shall be capital letters in Roman characters without ornamentation. Numbers shall be Arabic numbers without ornamentation".

RV9 at Caspian Sea beach

A good friend of mine just reported first beach landing in his RV9. Greg Arehart's style. He is based near Makhachkala, Dagestan on Caspian Sea shore.

Caspian%20Sea%20LZ%20-%201.jpg

They don't have tides there but the winds could push water far enough to completely cover this sandy strip. Small tail wheel was sinking in the sand so Anatoly put a beer can under it. He said the amount of adrenaline was excessive. Congratulations Tolik. The Arctic Ocean beach looks the same :D

Caspian%20Sea.jpg

Caspian%20Sea%20RV.jpg

Anatoly.jpg

Wondering myself if my training wheel will dig in. At least I will have a recovery team... :D

Back