What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MT governor

jacksel

Well Known Member
Just got a superior XP-360 for my RV-7 kit. I also purchased all the applicable FF equipment from Van's. When fitting the MT governor to the pad I noticed the adapter on the acc case seems to be 180 deg out from the same one on a Lycoming ( different type of adapter). The output port for the prop is where it should be. But the governor bolts on with the arm down instead of up as required for the Van's prop cable bracket to be installed per the plans. According to the MT manual the entire stop-plate/arm assembly can be rotated to ANY position using the series of screw holes in the housing. Just remove the 6 screws and rotate to any convenient position. Has anyone actually done this. I'm a little nervous about it. Is there a chance the internal spring is going to want to force the plate off and potentially spill spring, flyweights and valve all over the bench?

That's right

Do not remove any screws. Just loosen the ones around the ring. I didn't notice anything trying to 'fly off' as I adjusted mine.

Back