What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trig TT22 + TN72...Need config./setup help

TX7A

Well Known Member
Trying to help a local experimental a/c friend here...
He has a Trig TT22 along with a Trig TN72 GPS source.
We're having difficulty getting a PASS on the PAPR report. He is failing the NIC, NACp and SDA parameters.

Does anyone with this equipment have their setup parameters that they could share to help get us on the right track?

Thanks much!

Last edited:
Trig adsb

I installed trig adsb my manuals are at airport I?ll check them tomorrow from my memory double check your programming.QAM connector was tricky to fab good luck

I installed trig adsb my manuals are at airport I?ll check them tomorrow from my memory double check your programming.QAM connector was tricky to fab good luck

Thanks, Pat. Yes, we're thinking we have something wrong in programming but not sure what. Please let me know if you have your settings.

Thanks again
Sam

Trig software update

I did this in my experimental and worked well. I also got the same error notice and talked to a A&P and he recommended getting the software updated which he did. Work perfect after that. The new software has an added option that seemed to solve the problem.

Make sure that these settings are programmed as follows:
1. Select GPS Source ---Trig TN72 Sil 3
2. GPS Certification----Level C
3. NAC Velocity ----- 10 Meter/Sec.

Make sure that these settings are programmed as follows:
1. Select GPS Source ---Trig TN72 Sil 3
2. GPS Certification----Level C
3. NAC Velocity ----- 10 Meter/Sec.

I may have spotted the problem... GPS cert. level. I don?t think that was our selection and could be part of the problem.
Any other input much appreciated.

I?ll report back...after it warms up a bit. ;)
Thanks much
Sam

I made the mistake of using the "level B" and got the errors you described. The manual stated if the transponder is marked level B and Level C, use the higher letter. In school, a B was higher than a C, but in this case, a C is after the B so C is the higher level.

I made the mistake of using the "level B" and got the errors you described. The manual stated if the transponder is marked level B and Level C, use the higher letter. In school, a B was higher than a C, but in this case, a C is after the B so C is the higher level.

Thanks, Larry! That did the trick. My buddy flew yesterday after making the changes and got a PASS on the PAPR report.

Gotta' love the VAF forum!

Thanks again,

Sam

Back