What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Becker xpdr woes

brianwallis

VAF moderator
Wellllll drat. Installed a Becker xpder. It shows F 8 which is what flight level I'm at on the ground.... ATC can see me but not the transponder. It's a prebuilt harness. I swapped the coax cable with a new one and put new connectors on it. No luck... put a new antenna on it.... no luck... Becker guy in Florida says "send it in we'll check it" I've exhausted every option that I know of. I'm 99% sure it's the transponder. It's getting bench tested soon depending on shipping speed...
Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:
Wow!!!!!

Handed the transponder to the guys at Becker, had a burger, picked it up and it works now! The rx board had failed but it's linked to the transmit board so it would not transmit. Fast friendly customer service, free Cuban style coffee and since it was covered for 2 years, it was a free repair. I stand behind these guys 100%.

Good deal!

Becker is a 1st rate quality outfit. I've installed their compact transponders and radios in two planes so far (an RV-4 and a Legend Cub) and both installs are working perfectly for half a decade now.

Back