What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Has anybody seen this plane in ME?

daddyman

Well Known Member
Hi RV'ers,
While putzing around in my hanger the other day, an excited pilot came in announced he had just seen my plane in Maine.
I assured him he hadn't, but he pointed to the exhausts and camo paint scheme and was sure.

I do not claim patent rights or other ownership of my paint scheme, yet found it hard to believe someone else has one just like mine.

"there are many like, mine, yet this one is mine..."

If you know of one with a similar scheme, please let me know as I'm curious.
Daddyman

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/twfgp1958/inside the Doghouse_zps7qwabzhq.jpg
Dues paid+

Hi RV'ers,
While putzing around in my hanger the other day, an excited pilot came in announced he had just seen my plane in Maine.
I assured him he hadn't, but he pointed to the exhausts and camo paint scheme and was sure.

I do not claim patent rights or other ownership of my paint scheme, yet found it hard to believe someone else has one just like mine.

"there are many like, mine, yet this one is mine..."

If you know of one with a similar scheme, please let me know as I'm curious.
Daddyman

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/twfgp1958/inside the Doghouse_zps7qwabzhq.jpg
Dues paid+

I've seen very similar in Plattsburgh circa 2012 have a pic somewhere.

I completely understand where you are coming from.

I saw on this site an exact copy of the paint scheme on my airplane. The only difference was a slight shade variation of blue. Only saving grace in my opinion is it's on a different continent.

Confounding
Mark

Oh no, that's not it...

In thinking my was unique, I was very careful not to perform stunts that could get me into trouble.

Now, clearly I can claim my doppelg?nger did it!

Daddy man

There's no such thing as a "unique" paint scheme. If you do a nice job, someone will copy it eventually. Some ask permission, some don't. I've seen my Rocket paint scheme on just about every model of RV except the -14. I just recently saw my -12 scheme on a new -10. I used to keep pictures of these but I stopped a few years back. I consider it a compliment.

What really gets me is when a well know paint scheme company sells your scheme to another customer, one you paid good money for, BEFORE you can get it put on your airplane!!! That was on my -6. I'm still bent about it.

Walking past a shirt vendor at SnF, glanced down to see my plane on their 6A shirt. Then my buddy looked at the 6 shirt and it was pretty much his scheme! We gave them some ribbing about royalties, but I considered it a compliment. "Imitation is the...."

Back