What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show me your floor cover

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
I was over at fellow builder's hangar today and I really liked the floor cover he has on his 7. He apparently riveted put pieces of angle w/ a nutplate at various points on the angles that run from the main spar carry-through to the firewall. Then took a sheet of .040 and screwed it down into those pieces of angles. With soundproofing between.

I liked it, though I think my center cover screws down with screws horizontally through those angles that run from the spar to the firewall and I'd lose access there (without pulling up the floor covers).

Would love to see what others do here.

I have the Classic Aero carpet. Dense foam rubber backed that fits perfectly and can remove or replace in about a minute. Don

There was a thread on here once (I think) that described floor panels that the writer had made from 1/2" thick balsa wood, to which he had glued thin (.020?) aluminum sheet. Wood is a good vibration damper, not to mention insulator. Sounded interesting. I just searched for the thread, now I can't find it.

Edit: found the web page.

Balsa floor is described about 1/4 way down the page.

Last edited:
Back