VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 06-06-2019, 09:29 AM

Default Skyview HDX ADS-B Status

I upgraded from the Skyview classics to HDX several months ago with no issues. Flying back to MI from NC Tuesday I noticed my second screen indicated it was receiving (in green) but the RGNL and CONUS were aged in Yellow. My primary screen was also receiving and both RGNL and CONUS were green. Swapping screens and a reboot on my number 2 screen didn't help. I've never seen this before and was wondering if anyone else has. I haven't called Dynon yet.

Thanks
Gary
Old 06-06-2019, 09:52 AM

The ADS-B in box is connected to both screens. I suspect you may have a loose connection on the secondary screen.
Catto 3 blade NLE, FlightLines Interior, James cowl, plenum & intake, Anti-Splat -14 seat mod and nose gear support
All lines by TSFlightLines

"The object of the game, gentlemen, is not to cheat death: the object is not to let him play."
Patrick Poteen, Sgt. U.S. Army
Old 06-06-2019, 10:27 AM

Ray,
If it was a loose wire I'm not sure I would be seeing the green receiving indication?

Gary
Old 06-06-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryK View Post
Ray,
If it was a loose wire I'm not sure I would be seeing the green receiving indication?

Gary
Not sure, Gary, but worth confirming. Also check that both screens are using the same RX/TX port numbers.
Catto 3 blade NLE, FlightLines Interior, James cowl, plenum & intake, Anti-Splat -14 seat mod and nose gear support

"The object of the game, gentlemen, is not to cheat death: the object is not to let him play."
Old 06-06-2019, 12:02 PM

Iíll check the wiring but when flying back I had plenty of time to check the configuration in setup. Also checked the ADS-B page and both screens were showing the same input counters. Meaning they were both counting traffic hits, etc. Both screens also showed ADS-B OK in the lower right corner. They have been working flawlessly for months.

Gary
Old 06-06-2019, 01:01 PM

That additional information on counters makes it quite perplexing. Next time you fly, be sure to have a USB drive (tested to work) and hit the 2 and 7 buttons to save a screen shot on each. Send those and the logs to Dynon support.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:48 AM

I have had the same issues with my Skyview Touch screens last few flights. One screen will show conus weather and regional weather outdated but the other screen shows it current. Both show ADSB receiving. It is not always the same screen though. 550 hours on the system. I have the older Dynon ADSB box.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the GPS timing issues addressed in the new update?? Will update as soon as I get home and report back.

N626JA
RV-7A at CXP
Flying!
Old 06-07-2019, 02:58 AM

See the latest Dynon SB. I suspect this may be the issue ........
Building Bearhawk Bravo - RV-18 not available
2019 Donation Made
Old 06-07-2019, 08:23 AM

SB direct link:

http://www.dynonavionics.com/bulleti...tin_060619.php

Old 06-07-2019, 09:17 AM

I plan on updating the S/W this weekend but I'm using the GTN650 GPS signal, not the Skyview . I also don't have an issue with the time or any of the other symptoms associated with the GPS rollover.

Gary