What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Connector Source

leok

Well Known Member
I am in the process of completing the wiring harness for a dual screen G3X system in an RV-10 with, among other components, a GTN650 and GTX45R. It seams no one I can find sells the connector kits for these because they are certified boxes. One must buy a premade wire harness with the boxes ....

Well, I took the G3X installation class from AEA (Avionics Electronics Association) so I could do my own professional grade wire harness with exact lengths and service loops for my installation, and I don't want a pre-made harness that I will trash to get at the connectors.

Anyone know where I can purchase the connector kits for these two boxes? I called Garmin and was told they knew no reason why I shouldn't be able to buy the connector kits as long as my install was not in certified aircraft, and would get back to me .... but no joy so far :(

I am in the process of completing the wiring harness for a dual screen G3X system in an RV-10 with, among other components, a GTN650 and GTX45R. It seams no one I can find sells the connector kits for these because they are certified boxes. One must buy a premade wire harness with the boxes ....

Well, I took the G3X installation class from AEA (Avionics Electronics Association) so I could do my own professional grade wire harness with exact lengths and service loops for my installation, and I don't want a pre-made harness that I will trash to get at the connectors.

Anyone know where I can purchase the connector kits for these two boxes? I called Garmin and was told they knew no reason why I shouldn't be able to buy the connector kits as long as my install was not in certified aircraft, and would get back to me .... but no joy so far :(

Hello Leok,

The GTX 45R transponder comes with an installation kit including rack, backplate, and the 011-02977-01 Connector Kit, but if you wish to buy this connector kit separately, it is listed in the dealer price list, so any Garmin dealer should be able to order it for you. I see we have plenty of stock on this.

Similar story for the GTN 650. It comes with everything you need including the connector kit, but if you want to buy that separately, the 011-02325-02 GTN 650 connector kit is listed in the dealer price list, so any Garmin dealer can order it.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

I bought my connector kits for all my G3X boxes from Steinair. That's the LRU's - GAD27, GEA24, GSU25, 465 screen, etc. They're listed on his website (VAF advertiser). For the avionics, I think you'll need to buy the units themselves, at least that's my plan.

Last edited:
Back