What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition training in Canada

terry.mortimore

Well Known Member
Hi gang: I have a RV-6A ready to go, now I have to get ready.

I had a cheap flight booked to Okeechobee Florida last week for the training, unfortunately the flight instructor took sick the day before I was to leave. I reached out to the fellow in Minnesota to find out he is down for engine problems.

Is there any options here in Canada that I have overlooked?

I won't be able to take holidays till the third week in July, so I need to try and do it on a weekend.

I'd appreciate any leads, Terry.

check the GTA RAA clubs

Terry

I asked the same a couple years ago. I got a post about St Thomas. Maybe check the flying club there but also RAA in Brampton and Oshawa.

Good luck

Michael B

Hi gang: I have a RV-6A ready to go, now I have to get ready.

I had a cheap flight booked to Okeechobee Florida last week for the training, unfortunately the flight instructor took sick the day before I was to leave. I reached out to the fellow in Minnesota to find out he is down for engine problems.

Is there any options here in Canada that I have overlooked?

I won't be able to take holidays till the third week in July, so I need to try and do it on a weekend.

I'd appreciate any leads, Terry.

Might be able to help, have an RV7A based at Brampton , although I am not an instructor I have help several people convert to RV's.

I have 2000 hours in RV6 and RV7A, could fly up to your airport and give you some left seat time in my RV7A.

Peter

Hi Peter, thanks for the offer.

Bill Scott out of London flew up here yesterday morning. Bill put the first five hours on the plane and then transitioned me into it today. The plane flies great and I can't say enough good things about Bill. He done a very professional job and I enjoyed flying with him.

Now I have some test flying of my own to do.

Hope to be down your way when I can start traveling with C-FUIP

Terry

+1 for Bill Scott. Also flew the first 5 hrs on our 8 and checked out my son and I. Very professional and a great guy. Very patient with my early bounce & go's.

Might be able to help, have an RV7A based at Brampton , although I am not an instructor I have help several people convert to RV's.

I have 2000 hours in RV6 and RV7A, could fly up to your airport and give you some left seat time in my RV7A.

Peter
Hello Peter, sent you a pm , check your inbox, looking for rv7 training. Thank you .

Back