- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-17-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankerpilot75 View Post
Fig (Dennis and Steve say I should call you "Shredder"),
My aircraft in the group (I believe) will provide better traffic information to everyone using only adsb in information on their iPad.
My question is that with a group of 6 or 7 of us flying in fairly close proximity with you lighting up the system, will my 796 "bitchin Betty" be continuously saying "Traffic, Traffic" all the time? This could get annoying after 3 or 4 hours
Figs
Old 07-17-2017, 06:13 AM

Default Found answer

Found the answer to my question in the latest version of the 796 manual, basically I can mute or turn off the traffic audio alerts when receiving TIS-A inputs.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:42 PM

Default Steinair helped

Josh at Steinair helped me correct my programming errors. Big thanks to Josh!

Went flying in class C airspace, flew a couple of ILS approaches at PWA and later in the afternoon went to the FAA website to download my Performance Report. Guess I didn't fly enough time in class C because the email response said "Your Performance Report request for Tail Number N523RM on 7/17/2017 failed to generate a result." Approach had no problem tracking me though.

I'm flying tomorrow to Castroville municipal near San Antonio, Tx and will make sure I fly above 10,000 feet. Hopefully this flight will be sufficient to generate a proper Performance Report. Need to keep my fingers crossed because there was some question on one "interface" setup setting.
Retired Dept. of Corrections CFO
Retired KC-135A/E/R Driver - Desert Storm Vet (USAF)
Vietnam Vet (US Army)
2017 Contribution: 12/17/2016
Old 07-17-2017, 07:31 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankerpilot75 View Post
Went flying in class C airspace, flew a couple of ILS approaches at PWA and later in the afternoon went to the FAA website to download my Performance Report. Guess I didn't fly enough time in class C because the email response said "Your Performance Report request for Tail Number N523RM on 7/17/2017 failed to generate a result." Approach had no problem tracking me though.

That happened to a friend with a RV-6A and he asked for a manual review (maybe an option in the report email) and he got his positive result the next day and a code for his $500 rebate.

However, in your case, it seems that according to FlightAware your Mode S output may not have been consistent.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N...1549Z/tracklog
Grumman Tiger N12GA - flying
La Cholla Airpark (57AZ) Tucson AZ
Old 07-20-2017, 03:12 PM

Default Green rebate

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_gila View Post
That happened to a friend with a RV-6A and he asked for a manual review (maybe an option in the report email) and he got his positive result the next day and a code for his $500 rebate.

However, in your case, it seems that according to FlightAware your Mode S output may not have been consistent.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N...1549Z/tracklog
Gil
Did my flight to San Antonio Tuesday. Still had an ads-b error message. Called Steinair again and this time I was able to better define the error message. Chris gave me the programming solution very quickly. On Wednesday I entered the programming fix and flew home to OKC. No error messages and when I checked my FAA validation request it was all "green." Submitted my claim today, it was approved, and now I get a little "green" rebate check.

Of course Garmin just announced the GDL 82 UAT solution for less money but it's 978 not 1090ES output. I prefer 1090ES.

Now I just need to sell my GTX 330 to someone who already has a WAAS gps (430W or 530W) and wants to upgrade my 330 to ES through Garmin. If someone wants it, make an offer, I will have it at Oshkosh with its mounting rack and back plate.

Anyone interested in my GTX 330 can text me at four zero 5 - 76one - 3three7for.
Retired Dept. of Corrections CFO
Retired KC-135A/E/R Driver - Desert Storm Vet (USAF)
Vietnam Vet (US Army)
2017 Contribution: 12/17/2016