Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-16-2017, 08:55 AM

Cool Hop Along Memories

Bill and Laurie,

Thanks so much for hosting your event. The food and friends where great ! Your new home is outstanding. Sorry I didn't get a chance to try the pool, maybe next time. We want to see a lot of progress on that RV-10 !

Below is a link to some more shots from yesterday. Vlad told me that one of his Russian aviation friends has built a pair of AGM-65 rubber poultry launchers from my design. I would love to see some photos of these on their RV. You can see one here on Jim Ts RV-8 yesterday. He announced his arrival by bombing the runway with a USAF standard issue flexible poultry ordinance device.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ErpHc5AdzYWdYkIy1

Mugsy

Last edited by Mugsy : 07-16-2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: updated link
Old 07-16-2017, 01:40 PM

Default Very nice pics, Bruce

So glad you two graced us. The chicken bombing was a hoot and the release devices very interesting. So neat to see in person what I had read about online previously (how you beat the Easton Airport regulars at their own game).

Next year, if we can't tube the river, I will lead the way into the pool so hopefully others will follow - not that the back porch was that bad.

Hop-Along Aerodrome (12VA)
RV-6A flying since '98
RV-10 in process

donating monthly to the VAF - thanks, Doug
Old 07-17-2017, 05:10 AM

Default WX in NC was ugly.

We really wanted to make your fly-in, and I had really had my hopes up visit that cool strip of yours!..but the WX forecast between you and central NC was a deal breaker. We had some ugly storms by 1300 local time, and it was a no fly day here. Hopefully, some day I can get up there. You certainly had some good company and your place looks great!
8A7 / Advance NC
Old 07-17-2017, 09:02 AM

Bill... Thank you to you and your wonderful family for opening up and sharing your beautiful home and airfield to the RV community. My Dad (Jack) and I enjoyed pleasant flights in both directions over the hills and valleys. We would love for you to stop in to WV22 (Green Landings)(122.9) anytime you are passing through the area. Both Jack (Major) and Chris (Infidel) are based here at WV22.
Ian