What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS 5600 Multiple restarts in flight

BHunt

Well Known Member
In February, I had Jesse Saint redo my panel with an AF-5600T as the main display. Worked great until a trip to MT a few weeks back. While flying from TX to NM, if started to act sluggish and then would reboot every time I tried to zoom or slew. This happened 3 times, then I stopped zooming or skewing so it wouldn't reboot. The next two legs, it worked as advertised. The on the final leg coming home, it rebooted when I was going into the nearest airfield page to look at their weather. Has anyone else had these issues?

Rob, could this be a lemon screen that we could swap out?

They may want you to send them a diagnostic file. Did this start after a software update or just randomly?

Hey Jesse. It just started randomly. It started acting sluggish, like when you have too many things open on a computer, then would reboot if I "asked it to do anything, I.e. Zoom/ slew

Get ahold of a Rob. He will have you check a few things then take it as needed from there. He may have read this already.

Back