What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FS: RV-14 Kit

Tom Martin

Well Known Member
My RV14 project is for sale.
The tail is complete and closed.
The wings are done, wired with only the bottom skins to be riveted on.
Wing fuel tanks installed and tested
All wing surfaces, flaps and ailerons ready to mount.
Wing tip lenses fitted in place.
The fuselage is compete, ready for wiring and systems.
The tail cone and fuselage are mated.
No glass work to date.

In Canada a pre-cover inspection is required and this has been done on the wings, tail and fuselage.

I do not have the finishing kit but would consider installing the canopy.

This is my 11th project and I am pleased with how well it has gone together. If you are considering the purchase of a RV14 kit this will have you in the air in a short amount of time. The level of completion is months farther along then a quick build kit.

For more information contact me
[email protected]
519-281-1369
Ontario Canada

And the Price?
If you purchase a quick build kit and tail from Van's your price would be
a total of $34130US and this is what I would like to receive for the kit, as it sits.
I base this price on the current US/Cdn $ rate and thus it will fluctuate as the dollar moves. Your guess as to whether it will go up or down!!

There are some minor things to do but I hesitate to move to completion of these items as it may limit options for the future owner.
For example the wings are wired, as supplied by Van's, but the bottom skins are not on, this could allow easy changes to the stock RV14 wiring.

As mentioned in the prior post this kit is much farther along then a quick build and this will give you a Big Boost in your time schedule for NO EXTRA $

Last edited:
I stopped by Tom's place yesterday to chat and take some notes for my RV14 build. Tom has built a very nice airframe.

Cheers Jim

I just returned from Sun $ Fun where I had the opportunity to see the newest flying RV14a. This one completed by Mitch Locke (sp?) the east coast Van's rep.
He did a very nice job with this airplane and I was amazed once more, by the room in the cockpit and the excellent canopy visibility.
Over the last couple of months I have offered my RV14 kit for sale and have had some very nice conversations with a number of potential buyers. After returning from the show I decided to keep the plane and go on to the finishing kit.

The project will then be offered again for sale but at that time the wings will be mounted, the canopy installed and the plane will be on the wheels.
In Canada it is legal to work with someone in the completion of their aircraft and I am also open to that possibility, as well as the first flights etc.
Typically I work in the winter months and the plane could be ready for flight next spring.

Now my question: It is currently set up as a tail dragger but can easily be changed to the nose wheel version and I have to make that decision now, before ordering the finishing kit. I would very much like a show of hands regarding that decision. Personally I am a tail dragger kind of guy but, hard as it is to believe, others like a nose wheel!

Last edited:
Hi Tom, Been building RVs for years and this my take. For me to keep and fly a TD is the way I would go. BUT for RESALE I believe an A model will be much easier to sell. Never actually owned a nose wheel RV but built several. If I build another for myself it will be an A model only for that reason, as I am getting older and have to consider the reality ahead.

Larry

Back