What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV7 Fuel Lines

pilot28906

Well Known Member
Does anyone have some photos or builders log that shows how they bent and installed the fuel lines from the wings to the fuel selector then the AFP pump/filter? I am building the 7 and using the stock fuel selector.

Thanks,

John,

If you send me an email at [email protected] I will send you some pictures. We have a complete drop in package of rigid tubes for the andair valve/afp setup. They drop in perfectly and are all prefabricated.

For the stock vans valve we can do the u tubes for the afp setup and also have a flex hose setup for the stock valve. The only rigid tube that we do not offer a prefab solution for that setup is the rigid tube up to the valve.

Take care
Steve

I used the Andair valve on my RV-7 and kit-supplied soft aluminum tubing. Send me your e-mail and I can forward you some photos.

Fuel lines

I used the stock valve and 5052 tubing. I can send a couple photos. Send me your email

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

John,

If you send me an email at [email protected] I will send you some pictures. We have a complete drop in package of rigid tubes for the andair valve/afp setup. They drop in perfectly and are all prefabricated.

For the stock vans valve we can do the u tubes for the afp setup and also have a flex hose setup for the stock valve. The only rigid tube that we do not offer a prefab solution for that setup is the rigid tube up to the valve.

Take care
Steve

It would be great if you posted those pictures here, for all of us to see!

those are tough to do

from 2011. the bottom two pictures are mine the others are someone else's that I used as a guide. it helped. mine are 5052 tubing, not sure of the other's tubing material. whoever these were, a belated thank you. if you route thru the holes on the landing gear bracket as I did, put a rubber grommet in the hole. what a pain it was to bend these just right. multiple attempts, and when I had one just right I realized I forgot to install the fitting before flaring. six years later, no issues, no leaks.

tip: make sure your valve assembly is positioned as it would be final installed (with the support enclosure) in order to achieve a perfect tubing fit to the valve.

someone elses

p1060247lu9_zpsrlknihka.jpg

p1060248dk6_zpstnatogno.jpg

p1060254zs1_zpskt3voqt0.jpg

fuellines440206yb9_zpscdjbcw9p.jpg

p1060253pq8_zpsaoq6e0wd.jpg

p1060260ia8_zpskjabzg2k.jpg

fuellines340206cq5_zpskidhgl4m.jpg

mine

100_4506_zpsfu2mzey2.jpg

100_4415_zpscq2p6zhr.jpg

100_5118_zpsaoi1c3qe.jpg

Last edited:

Mike and all,

We are doing some updates to the website and files. I will have our systems up and running in about a week and will be able to upload images at that time.

We do have some videos at http://aircraftspecialty.com/howwemake.html. If you look at the rigid tube videos you'll see the andair wing tubes.

I'll post some more info soon.

Happy building,

Steve

Last edited:

Good afternoon. I just wanted to follow up on this post with an image of the rigid tubes. This pictures shows both the Andair flex to rigid lines that go from the valve to the wings ($199.95) as well as the afp installation kit to plumb the afp fuel pump/filter. (174.95)

These kits are all cnc built and bent and drop right into your aircraft.

Please let me know if there are any additional questions.

Have a great weekend and happy building.
Steve

Complete%20install.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Steve. How do I order the valve to tank runs; through the web site? Any certain PN?

John

John,

We don't have those listed on the web site yet.
Please send me an email and let me know what you would like to order. I can then email over a PayPal invoice.

Take care and thx,
Steve

Last edited:
Back