What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How many spare LP4-3 rivets

Reilly

Hi Guys

Before I get to the end of the build and find out that I am short, how many LP4-3 rivets are left.

Not sure if Vans take into account that there will be a certain amount of drilling out of rivets and replacing.

Same goes I suppose for solid rivets etc.

Based in South Africa so I would have to order in and it would take a little longer if I need more.

Order more

I'd say order more now. You'll screw up and remove at least a hundred or so. This is an expensive project - relax and enjoy it :)

Ok thanks for the responses.

I have already drilled out over a hundred so will need to order more then.

On the one wing I attached the forward ribs to the wrong side of the attach angles and had to drill out.

Now last night I riveted some doublers to the 1203 bulkhead that fits under the seats. Afterwards I realised that I should have set the from the other side as the manufactured head could be visible and the shop head would be under the floor.
Thinking of drilling them out and changing just for better looks even though they would be in a place that's hard to see.

I ran out right before the end but I had replaced a wing skin that I accidentally dented. Order a couple of hundred and you should have enough to make it to the end.

i would order more too BUT, plenty of time to tie that order in with one for a part you will screw up along the way.

Back