What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pics of the Garmin Equipped RV-12?

Her is a VAF thread on the G3X touch. It includes a shot of the -12 with dual G3X touch screens. I played with the screen quite a bit at the Garmin booth at SnF and spent some time looking at it in the -12 at the show too. It is a beautiful interface and beautiful screen. I really liked the look of the dual screens in the -12. At the Vans update session at the show, Vans briefed what the FB post says. They will be offering it as part of the E-LSA offering and will have a two screen option available.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=111188

Carl

Wondering if ???

Wondering if Van's will offer us later builders a dual screen Dynon. My loyalty is with Dynon 100%. And how about a Dynon radio instead of the Garmin? What say you Van's???

They actually addressed this at the Vans forum at SnF too. The issue is the power draw in its current form. They did say something about Dynon making some change to make the power draw not quite as bad. It sure sounded like it was how they document the power draw versus what the actual draw is. They made the comment that Garmin was more efficient in terms of energy use.

Back