What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

One Year Anniversary!

NASA515

Well Known Member
Today marks the One Year Anniversary since making the First Flight in my RV-12 N737G. Yesterday, we made the 160th flight in the airplane!

Although Tony T. accuses me (sometimes) of being a CC - Chronic Complainer - that's what happens when you're both a pilot and an engineer - always looking for a better way. Nevertheless, I'm here to tell you the RV-12 is truly a GREAT airplane - I like the looks and the performance, and have come to love it more each day.

At one time I was looking at assorted Cherokees, or maybe an RV-9A, but can honestly say if the FAA changed the Third Class Medical rules tomorrow, I wouldn't trade my -12 for anything.

I've documented my Build, Flight Test, and subsequent Flying activities in a section of my website - with some pretty good airborne photos as well. You can find it all here:

http://www.rbogash.com/RV-12/My_RV-12.html

Thanks to Vans for a great design.

Bob Bogash
N737G

if the FAA changed the Third Class Medical rules tomorrow, I wouldn't trade my -12 for anything.

Bob Bogash
N737G

Bob, this is the best compliment you could make about an LSA, particularly coming from a professional pilot. VANs could use it to enhance their marketing of the RV-12, something like: "Hey FAA, dragging your feet about third class certificate? Take this!"...
May be not such a good idea after all, it would only encourage them!

Congratulations on the anniversary Bob. I also enjoy your posts. They always make for interesting reading!

Happy birthday 737G
I built my RV6 as a pilot wanting a gorgeous aircraft - and I got what I wanted.
I'm building my RV12 as a builder, wondering if I will like the finished product.
Your post helps me believe I will love it when it's delivered :)

Happy birthday 737G
I built my RV6 as a pilot wanting a gorgeous aircraft - and I got what I wanted.
I'm building my RV12 as a builder, wondering if I will like the finished product.
Your post helps me believe I will love it when it's delivered :)

What's not to like?:confused:

Back