What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12iS rudder trim

joelhaynes

I'm New Here
My newly completed RV-12iS has now been flying for 10.6 hours and things are going well. The only significant issue is the need for right rudder trim at cruise since the ball is not centered. Stall breaks are docile and the airplane handles well. I purchased and installed Van's RV-12 rudder trim tab kit which comes with a default bend to the left as if they already know you are going to need right rudder trim rather than left. That fixed the cruise trim problem pretty well but interestingly my stall breaks now have a significant right wing drop at all flap configurations. Application of left rudder will easily correct the right wing drop once it happens but it is no longer such a docile stall. Any thoughts on where I might go from here?

Joel Haynes
RV-12iS N319JL
Builder #121069
KBZN

Hands off the stick a properly trimmed out RV12 will fly straight and level. If you have any roll tendency this will result in the issue you describe, spend some time correcting a heavy wing if you have one and you will eliminate the issues you describe

Back