What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Virb Ultra 30 + G3X Touch + GMA245 Audio Panel ... Still a struggle

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
Garmin Virb Ultra 30 + G3X Touch + GMA245R Audio Panel ... Still a struggle

I really want to get this to work, seems like something simple ..

I still can?t seem to get any audio from my GMA-245R to record on the Virb.

I have the Virb paired to the G3X and the GMA-245R and the audio source on the Virb set to "External".

Are there other audio panel settings I?m missing?

On the G3X Phone screen it says ?Recorder? with a green checkbox next to paired. On the Bluetooth screen the Virb shows up as ?Unknown? but it does connect and I can control it via the panel.

Thanks for any help, seems like something simple that for some reason I can?t get past.

Edit: Wondering if I have a bad Virb or something at this point, does anyone else's show up as "Unknown" int he G3X bluetooth page?

Bill

Last edited:
Virb to audio panel

I have my virb linked via Bluetooth to the Gma245, not to the G3X screen. Works perfectly.

I don't recall actually, and I have the audio panel with buttons, not remote. Not certain what differences may be.

I have the 245R and Virb XE and have the camera linked to the audio panel only and it works fine. If I recall you just need the Virb bluetooth selected on then touch the "pair" button on the audio panel page in the G3X. I'm going to the plane tomorrow and can confirm this procedure but like was mentioned just need to pair the 245R to the Virb only.

Resolved! Thanks, G3X Team.

Ultimately it was that I had the camera paired with both the G3X and the audio panel. Removing the G3X pairing in the camera did it.

VIRB Power requirements

Since I'm almost finished my 14A and want to use the VIRB 30 with the powered mount. Since I'm using the 245R and Limo the aviation kit seems a waste of some accessories. Anyone know what's included in the aviation kit that's not in the Virb 30 powered mount model. Thanks !!

Back