What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon skyview HDX

Is the HDX worth upgrading

I have a Dynon Skyview Touch. Considering upgrading to HDX. Anyone taken the leap? Was it worth it?

Love the HDX

Hi Ben,

I had the oppertunity to trade my Skyview Touch to the new HDX screens.

My favoroite features are the engine info along the bottom and the flight plan tape on the R/H side of the screen.

The high res screens are crisp for the maps and the touch features smooth.

Very happy I did the upgrade.
Zc53mjM0T5ZrRbTkIfA3ezlIodZmHPgyr4mXhNRVldFkED6qUqm1gP52yIV47b58_aSuTHloFp65B42h_SZ3d1WpUhw4DtI3M5VlpWDch4FC3K_8C_6s8F_qlW4wvXUApnGVxBI6fqpwI-J29kudAbi8Nzrx3SxJ2wzqklzcme92cqK49nQJ8FTSX9uTw8f8bE61S8yas17ndbUI2s5-TBAK8YI9jjNHmWLWqzSz9Ro5IOzPpPaS6noQnacNpz_dLWlwma44akgW1miHWhG5bIRiAM0rupiO2LNIrOrZhr1vqRKM5fi8ubahLLqwsFAB-ULWf6sSvAz9uOIRxvkc2UPT8Yvyf_IJSC2Jb2Yfl-3Fu14BK-6FuGAXkrIrU0Ux0KU85Xe2PxmZGLgRBNfhOnyzfZy15xcaUgr_XQLjThU82UoHUbf2T-C8bLdJt8Ma39cED-IAtmsmSdikoN6L4v7kmDx6NB6ZWYLfrnO4SNVnjnPxE5ByQEt4zPKSuud4-8EXarLKIf5QKEOPDsyuLH1IpE_cjomRnrSIzpl58y6anOFj8Z3VILzLTQWcvJ9-60JGTcvfi1GcR9ZO6Qdw_UK11y8XE16eBGajpjFp2MJIrpP5mdEXJLtrggzfD4e-A7BzW8CI3HlKgN1tdSwsdtcdVvIrFQbg=w885-h664-no

Last edited:
I'm flying one of each and actually mostly prefer the Skyview Touch. Having the flight plan tape on the right side is OK but I was OK with it being the translucent overlay on the map on the SV Touch. The engine tape at the bottom of the screen is nice but reduces the vertical size of the map. The map can be "maximized" to expand it down over the right half of the engine display but that also takes away the flight plan tape on the right side. Basically the tapes on the bottom and right just reduce the size of the map and the both go away if the map is maximized.

The HDX display is brighter and more crisp and that's real nice. I don't plan on upgrading the Touch to the HDX.

I recently (about a dozen flight hours ago) upgraded from Classics to HDX, definitely worth it. The screen clarity is awesome.

If you have the Classics installed now, there is a small cover plate that is attached to the panel on the bottom to cover some empty space created by the HDX install, but other than that they are a drop-in. Same connectors, same pinouts, pretty much plug-and-play.

Back