What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IFR flight training in the 8

Has anyone tried to set up a rv-8 for IFR flight training? Anyone have any pictures of a back seat set up for a instructor?

IFR Training

Has anyone tried to set up a rv-8 for IFR flight training? Anyone have any pictures of a back seat set up for a instructor?

This is what I have in the back seat of my -8:

DSC_2179small.JPG

Fortunately, my instrument instructor can also see the GNS430W in the front panel pretty well from the back.

Skylor

Careful

I got about 20 hrs in my RV-8, had to do it again because the FAR says full dual controls and there were no rudder pedals. The guy who was supposed to give the check ride came up with that. Worked out OK in the end, I flew from Colorado to Seattle yesterday and had about 1 hr of actual to get out of Colorado.....in the RV-8
Steve

How do you simulate IFR from the front seat yet provide adequate forward visibility for the safety pilot in the back seat? For this reason most IFR training I am aware of in tandem seat aircraft put the trainee in the back seat usually under a hood.

George

Back