What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New prop hub installation

Thanks for the advice

Dicks advice that thr resolution of these levels is 0.2 degrees does not surprise me. Perhaps like digital watches, there are only a couple of manufacturers of the basic chip, and all the watches are just variations on cases, displays, buttons etc.
Thanks for all the suggestions for a useable levels. I have ordered the one Tony chose. Sears' offering looks good too, but they wont send it overseas.
Thanks again for the great response
Rod

Finally made my digital level brkt (ala Tony T. pics) yesterday. Checked pitch on blades today and found .65 degrees difference. (67.70 and 68.35) So the Warp bubble protractor didn't do too badly. However, Sensinich says it wants diff. to be no more than .250 so reset using the digital. After 3 tries moving one blade only I managed to get 67.80 degrees to almost match the other at 67.70. It's tricky as I learned that after setting with bolts somewhat loosened the reading increases slightly when bolts are torqued. Will fly tomorrow and see if I can detect any difference. I must agree the digital is better as far as setting it up.
Thanks.
Dick Seiders

After short test flight today I re checked the prop and readings are still w/i .1 degree. Very cool.
Dick Seiders 120093

I first checked Pete's RV12 with the weights installed from the previous balance and found it over the limit at approx 0.260 IPS. We removed the previous weights and started over, results below. Went from 0.460 to 0.039 IPS (the red circle in the polar plot represents the upper limit of 0.2 IPS).

Pete%252520Anderson%252520RV12%252520%2525232.png
Above is Pete's RV12
Below is John's RV12

Another RV12 balance for reference, initial vibration of .425 IPS, after balance .018 :D

Took me 4 runs on John's... (note upper limit is red circle)

John%252520Albury%252520RV12.png

I first checked Pete's RV12 with the weights installed from the previous balance and found it over the limit at approx 0.260 IPS. We removed the previous weights and started over, results below. Went from 0.460 to 0.039 IPS (the red circle in the polar plot represents the upper limit of 0.2 IPS).

Pete%252520Anderson%252520RV12%252520%2525232.png

Walt I'm Doug in IL. I am waiting for hub replacement IAW theSeninich B revision exchange program. I bought my 12 built/used and it had a dynamic bal job 3 years ago. What to do now with new hub? Take off balance bolt nut and washer and hope for the best or just install new hub? And wish for the best? I don't have dynamic balance capability near by?

Request - please

Request that someone could post the drawings for the fixture again. The old drawing posts have been wiped out by? Thanks in advance.

Back