Originally Posted by Jesse
The AFS module with the electronic circuit breakers is kind of like the VPX and the Approach Fast Stack rolled into one box. It doesn’t have the flexibility of the Fast Stack or the features of the VPX, but it is a good option for what it does, and for a panel that is going to use the instruments that it is designed for, it should work great for you. However, already having the VPX helps you to keep on down that road.
As someone that has extensive experience with all three units I would be interested in what flexibility and features you think the Advanced Control Module (ACM-ECB) is missing?
The ACM is available in two different versions, fused or electronic circuit breaker. The fused version uses lighted ATO style fuses for circuit protection. The electronic circuit breaker “ECB” version has internal circuit current monitoring and will shut off a circuit if the current is too high. With the ACM-ECB you can monitor the current of each circuit and reset any tripped circuits from the EFIS. The ACM is the main power distribution center for the aircrafts electrical system. The avionics, headsets, aircraft lights, autopilot servos, trim servos, flap motor, control sticks and panel switches all get connected to the ACM. Using the ACM with its plug and play features vastly simplifies an aircraft’s wiring and troubleshooting. The ACM also makes future upgrades extremely easy. Want to add an IFR Navigator in the future? No problem, just plug it into the ACM NAV-COM and GPS NAVIGATOR plugs. The complicated and time consuming (Audio Panel, GPS RS-232 data, NAV ARINC data and GPS ARINC) wiring is already done.
• 27 dedicated channels of circuit protection including: PFD, MFD, BACKUP EFIS, TRANSPONDER-ADSB, COM 1, NAV 1, COM 2, NAV 2, GPS NAVIGATOR, AUDIO PANEL, CABIN LIGHTS, DEFROST, ALTERNATOR, AUX POWER, STARTER, BOOST PUMP, PITOT HEAT, LEFT LANDING LIGHT, RIGHT LANDING LIGHT, NAV LIGHTS, STROBE LIGHTS, TRIM MOTORS, AP SERVOS, FLAP MOTOR.
ACM-ECB ONLY: BACKUP ALTERNATOR, TAXI LIGHTS, SPARE POWER CIRCUIT, CABIN LIGHT SWITCH
• Built in SV-ARINC module
• Multi Step Flap Positioning System
• Wig-Wag Lighting Circuit (airspeed controlled)
• Panel Dimmer
• Trim Controller (must have SV-AP-PANEL)
• SV Network Hub (4 Port + AP Servos)
• Panel Switch Interface with support for switch lights
• Control Stick Interface
When you are comparing pricing don't forget that the ACM includes the SV-ARINC module ($475), SV-NET-HUB ($50) and does not require the VPX license ($275) for a total savings of $800
The ACM-ECB can be purchased with the harnesses, email sales@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com
for a package quote. The module is priced at $2,750 in the package.
Advanced Flight Systems / Dynon Avionics