What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Your experiences with GTX 35R ?

Erimo

Well Known Member
Hi,
In my G3X Touch system with GTN650, I installed a GTX 35R.
Yesterday it was the first flight (the plane is awesome) and the TWR didn't receive ALTICODER signal.
The RS232 between ADHARS #1 and GTX seems good.

Is somebody had a similar experience ?

Hi,
In my G3X Touch system with GTN650, I installed a GTX 35R.
Yesterday it was the first flight (the plane is awesome) and the TWR didn't receive ALTICODER signal.
The RS232 between ADHARS #1 and GTX seems good.

Is somebody had a similar experience ?

Hello Eric,

Congratulations on your first flight!

What software version do you have in your GTX 35R and do you have TIS-A traffic enabled in the transponder configuration?

If you have GTX 35R V2.05, either upgrade to V2.12 or disable TIS-A and all will be good.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Eric,

What software version do you have in your GTX 35R and do you have TIS-A traffic enabled in the transponder configuration?

If you have GTX 35R V2.05, either upgrade to V2.12 or disable TIS-A and all will be good.

Thanks,
Steve

Thank you Steve,

I'm going to the hangar now, and verify that.
I sent an email yesterday to G3Xpert team : is it possible that you have not received my email ? ;)

I forgot : the GTX update is included in GDU460 updates ? I upgrade the GDUs with the last version in september.

I forgot : the GTX update is included in GDU460 updates ? I upgrade the GDUs with the last version in september.

Hello Eric,

No, the GTX 35R software is not included in the G3X Touch software updates.

We responded to your email at 09:27 CST this morning.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Eric,

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

That fixed the problem, thanks. :)

Back